2021 GCPA Annual Meeting
The 2021 Annual Meeting was held Wednesday, October 27th, 2021 at the UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center.
Whitney Murphy put together a very interesting panel for the meeting with the title “Ag Advocacy in Urban Centers Roundtable”.
The panel consisted of:
- Taylor Sills, Executive Director, Georgia Cotton Commission
- Chris Lemons, Director of Programs & Outreach, Foodwell Alliance
- JoHannah Biang, Farm Manager, UGArden
- Matthew Kulinski, Coordinator Georgia Grown
- Joy Crosby, Assistant Executive Director, Georgia Peanut Commission
The panel addressed several topics of interest to all of the GCPA members and shared very compelling insights and comments about the image of agriculture and farming in urban areas.
One fascinating take-away — farmers are celebrities!
This was quite a unique and inspiring session for the meeting. Thanks to all the participants!
President, Georgia Agribusiness Council
2021 Annual Meeting Attendees
Keynote speaker GA State Senator Tyler Harper – District 7
Taylor Sills, GA Cotton Commission and Joy Crosby, GA Peanut Commission
Matthew Kulinski, Georgia Grown
JoHannah Biang, UGArden and Chris Lemon, Foodwell Alliance