The Georgia Crop Production Alliance sponsors two fundraisers each year. Monies raised are used to promote and advocate the mission of the organization.
The mission of the GCPA:
- To promote, foster and encourage the significance of the crop production industry as Georgia’s most important industry.
- To promote safe, environmentally sound, and efficient crop management practices that preserve the natural resources of Georgia.
- To cooperate with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and governmental agencies in improving agronomic efficiency that promotes stewardship of the environment.
- To promote cooperation and high ethical standards in the crop production industry.
- To educate and inform the public of the value and role that efficient and safe crop production plays in wellness and quality of life.
- To advise, assist and cooperate with state and federal legislative, regulatory and administrative agencies in developing progressive policies, laws and rules that enable profitability but protect human health and the environment.