Helping to Grow Georgia's Future
About the GCPA
The mission of the GCPA is:
- To promote, foster and encourage the significance of the crop production industry as Georgia’s most important industry.
- To promote safe, environmentally sound, and efficient crop management practices that preserve the natural resources of Georgia.
- To cooperate with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and governmental agencies in improving agronomic efficiency that promotes stewardship of the environment.
- To promote cooperation and high ethical standards in the crop production industry.
- To educate and inform the public of the value and role that efficient and safe crop production plays in wellness and quality of life.
- To advise, assist and cooperate with state and federal legislative, regulatory and administrative agencies in developing progressive policies, laws and rules that enable profitability but protect human health and the environment.
6th Annual Sporting Clay Fundraiser
Baygall Sporting Clays, 6808 Rocky Ford Rd, Garfield, GA 30425, USA
GCPA News & Notes
Pesticide Clean Day to be held at the Southeast Research & Education Center near Midville on April 3, 2019. This program gives everyone an opportunity to discard old, unusable, or cancelled pesticides to a hazardous waste contractor for disposal. If you have...read more
Attendees at this year's GCPA annual meeting were honored to host Senator John Wilkinson, Chairman of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs in the Georgia State Senate. Wilkinson spoke briefly during the luncheon. View the entire schedule here.read more
The 5th Annual GCPA Sporting Clay event was a smashing success! With 50+ shooters, lots of prizes and a fabulous meal sponsored by AgSouth Farm Credit and Corteva everyone had a great time. Thanks to all the sponsors who make it all happen! A complete list of sponsors...read more
GCPA's 2017 Annual Meeting was held on Thursday November 2, 2017 at the Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club in Cordele, Georgia. Along with highly informative sessions, GCPA took this opportunity to honor deserving industry colleagues and Georgia college students....read more
The 2017 Sporting Clay fundraiser took the GCPA to another great level! With 60 shooters, it was one of the largest events yet. AgSouth Farm Credit sponsored a delicious meal for all the participants again – THANK YOU! Over $3500 was raised this year! We’d like...read more
Chris Payne, President and CEO of CNI announced recently that Fritz Turpin has accepted the position as AgriMineral Product Manager, West Coast, and will be relocating to California. According to Payne, "Fritz has been with CNI in our Leesburg office for the past year...read more
Congratulations to Dick Dowdy on receiving the GCPA Lifetime Achievement Award for Industry Service!read more
Congratulations to John Bagwell (UGA Athens), David Daughtry (ABAC), Taylor Randell (ABAC) and Kelly Paulk (UGA Tifton) for receiving the 2016 GCPA scholarship!read more
Congratulations, Dr. Bridges!read more